Hey, CEO Still addressing employee queries, yourself
Can I take three more days of leave?
Hey, what is the standard protocol for international travel?
When can I expect the confirmation letter?
How do I guide this guy on attendance rules?
Can we say we pay overtime?
What you have read is just a sample. As a CEO or Business Head or Manager, you are receiving more queries on a day to day basis, right? If you have an independent HR Professional, you’ll route all these queries to him and put an end (not really). If you have not yet hired an independent HR and managing people business by self, you will park a reasonable amount of time to address these queries.
Thought of arriving at a permanent fix for this!
- Some guys plan to hire a full – time HR Manager and anticipate the corner office specialist to write all policies and roll it out quickly (sorry, it is a wish).
- Some guys plan to write it down and begin the work (sorry, can not shut down the business and the policy writing gets a low priority).
- Some guys keep everything in their brain, and they are proud to be the one-stop solution for all employee queries (Policy is confidential and How can I make it public to employees – they may argue).
This is what Triggered the design of Forms & Policy Service
More than fifteen years of experience in HR and India Business helped me to validate the issue “Lack of explicit and formalized people processes”. In India, we mostly experience this among micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises. Met many forward-looking CEOs who dream of automating people processes but not much sure what and how?
If you do not have explicit business rules for leave of absence and working hours, how can you expect to define and run a leave and attendance software solution?”. The situation is as simple as this.
The following are definite indications to begin HR Policy Formulation
- Lack of consistency in approvals
- Special approvals, escalations, and complaints are high
- Lack of discipline, low morale, high attrition
- Allegations of nepotism
- Lack of ownership and all blame CEO or Business Head